Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hoppin' and Poppin'


When I was a kid I used to break dance. Yeah I know, that's a hilarious image. I had a breakin' name, all the garb and everything. I kept doing that until about 6th grade or so when I got really serious about team sports. Specifically football. I think one thing I like about football is how everyone relied on one another. While I was break dancing the streets of Plainfiled, Indiana I was usually on my own. Yes there could be many reasons for that, but one thing is for sure, I didn't rely on anyone. I could have been great, or I could have been terrible and it wouldn't of mattered. I could of taken my dance in any direction I wanted to and no body cared. Most times they were just laughing. They were laughing with me, right??? With football though I really liked how everyone had a position or an assignment. I even liked how there was competition with the other players to play certain positions. For me that added to the overall understanding that this 'Team' I was on meant business.
Teams are very dynamic entities. Anytime you take multiple people and try to motivate, encourage, train, and equip them to go and succeed in a certain direction, you will have challenges. The coolest part about being on a team is when the 'Team' begins to grow and move in it's own direction towards success. It's really an awesome thing.
I saw that over and over this past month in the children's ministry. I know you guys have been doing this for quite some time while I was gone, but it is important for me to let you know that I do see it. I see an effective, well put together, successful team. It is amazes me that this team was put together by God right before our eyes. I can't wait to see what God will do as we continue to press forward in submitting to His will and functioning as a great 'Team'
Great Job to all in October!

3 comments:

  1. Love you Matt and Hollie, you two are awesome. and such a blessing to the children!!!!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thank you! I am so happy to be able to work with you guys!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post!!
    love this blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete